School Term Dates Thailand and Resignation Dates for Teachers
1st Term - Mid May to Late September
2nd Term - Late October to Late February/Mid March
*Exact date will depend on the school
Resignation Cut Off - Late August
Resignation Cut Off - Late January
Full Time Placement
If you already have teaching experience of at least 3 months and/or a TEFL certificate, then you can apply to work with us as a full-time teacher of English (TEFL). We have many schools seeking teachers at the start of the school terms, and sometimes mid year.
The contract length with EDS is normally 1 year or 2 terms, so 1 term is around 4 or 5 months. If you start mid term, normally you will sign until the end of the next term– but it does depend on the school. Some schools want one term or year long contracts, but most of our schools are fine with long contracts.
When Do I Get an Exact School Confirmed?
Once you have been interviewed by us, you will receive an contract form a guarantee job, after sign you will expect to wait no longer than three to seven working days or lesser to hear from us, After being accepted by school, we then guarantee you by issuing an Appointment letter from the school to you.
Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be accepted for Guaranteed Job Program, you need to:
- Hold a Bachelors degree in any subject
- Be a native English speaker OR Filipino who is fluent in English
- Be enthusiastic and enjoy working with children
*You will also need a police check that shows you do not have a criminal record of any kind. You do not need to apply for this before the application process.
**Please note that if you are a Filipino English (TEFL) teacher, or a South African national, you will also need a TOEIC test score above 750. The TOEIC test can be applied for later and you do not need this for the application process.
Native English Speakers are people who have a passport from these countries:
- United Kingdom
- Republic of Ireland
- United States of America
- New Zealand
- South Africa (with a TOEIC test! Sorry!)
Application & How to Apply
Application Process and How to Apply
- Read through this page and understand the program
- Submit your CV, a smiley picture of yourself (jpg) and a covering letter
- Send these documents through our website, Application link form or via email to [email protected]
- Successful applicants at this stage will receive a reply with a Skype interview date and time or interview questions.
- The Skype interview will take about 15-20 minutes and will be based around questions of why you want to teach in Thailand, and your previous work experience
- If successful, we will send you a contract booking form
- If you decide to book, send the form back to us via email or link form.
- Once confirmed, we will send you Appointment letter from the school with more details of when to arrive, and what other things you need to prepare in terms of visas, documents for the work permit, etc.
Documents require for Application
1) CV provide your photo and contact details
2) Education degree minimum Bachelor degree (must)
3) Teaching Certificates ( Tefl/Tesol/Celta/others)
5) Police Clearance Certificates from your home country (must)
6) Copy of Passport
Please note that if Candidate's Education Certificate is not in English, Candidate will need certify translated document attach along with the copy of original certificate to be apply.
Teacher's License Information
Once candidate is accepted by school, candidate will need to send the original official degree confirmation letter for Graduate of the University/College to the Teacher's Council of Thailand.
The Letter from the university should be on the official headed paper of college and clearly confirm that you have successfully completed your course, including the classification you receive, the dates of attendances and graduation.
The letter must bear an original university/college's stamp and signature of the registrar sent in a sealed envelop with the University / College's stamp. Void if envelop is opened prior to receipt.
The Confirmation letter must be sent to Teacher's Council address below :
The Teacher's Council of Thailand
Registration and Licensing Bureau
128/1 Nakhon Ratchasima Road,
Dusit, Bangkok 10300 Thailand.
Telephone: (662) 280 -1728
Fax : (662) 280 -1728
ICPC Certificate for UK Passport
The NCA's CEOP Command recommend that every overseas school, or other overseas organisation
that works with children should require all UK nationals and persons who have resided in the UK to
provide them with the ICPC. This applies to anyone who is seeking to work or is already working within
the organisation, either as an employee or volunteer.
It is the responsibility of the staff member to apply for the ICPC and supply it to the requesting oganisation.
An employer cannot apply for the Certificate on behalf of a member of staff. The member of staff will
only be able to apply for the ICPC if they are employed or have a provisional ofter of employment from
The ICPC costs £60, which is payable by the applicant. There is no charge for schools or organisations
to participate in the scheme.
The application form and guidance notes can be obtained by visiting the ACRO website at:
Once the application form has been received by ACRO, the Certificate will be issued within I 0 working
The employer will only become aware of what is contained on the ICPC if it is made available by the
applicant. It is the responsibility of the employer to assess whether the information contained on the
ICPC makes the applicant unsuitable to work with children.